Hello world, from Song and Story World.


Dave Corbett here ...

ex-teacher and ex-professional musician/composer of music for children. 75 years old, retired, and wanting to share some of my music with anyone who cares to listen. I have had published over 20 Christmas musicals for primary schools, nativity and Santa, which are on sale at  musiclinedirect.com  You might like to have a listen sometime.

This blog though, is very much an experiment, perhaps it will become a hobby, who knows.

I am very new to blogging, and not really sure how it works, so please bear with me The first person to reply to this blog should probably get a prize, but I'm afraid they won't! Meany.

Anyway I have also started a podcast ... blog and podcast just today. There is nothing on the podcast yet, but there will be very soon. Songs and stories, funnily enough, for children, The ages will vary, but all primary school.

The first few I will be publishing are about AESOP'S FABLES aimed at, very roughly, 6 - 8 year olds. 

I wrote the songs many years ago when I was teaching in a first school but they have never been used. The narratives are new ... based on Aesop's stories, but with, hopefully a humorous twist.

Lots more stuff to come at a later stage, for younger and older children.

Especially look out for a half hour podcast special a couple of weeks before Christmas called Who?  The songs and play are actually on sale at musiclinedirect.com, but this version has been treated differently, and I think it should be good fun ... I would, wouldn't I! 

Also, no need to buy it!!!

Anyway, very first blog done. I would be SO happy to EVER hear from anybody; and if there is anyone out there in the real world, don't forget to keep an eye out soon for the very first Song and Story World podcast.

Have fun, and keep safe,

Dave



Comments

  1. Several months on now with quite a few podcasts under my belt.
    I would love to have constructive feedback so that I can see the way ahead. Please feel free.

    Working on a short cartoon piece for YouTube at the moment, but it is brain boiling.
    A finished product is well into the future, but there will be a few more podcasts before then.

    Keep listening.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment